Who We are
‘’As apple is sweet, so is education sweet for persons with special needs. It is our deep believe that there is a better way to care, provide services and prepare children with special needs to develop their potentials every new day. Let us all add value to their lives by helping them maximize their God given potentials.
‘’CCSN’’ is a Non-governmental organization serving as a learning support service and resource centre for children with special needs, set up in the regular school environment, to promote inclusion (integration) and give quality education. We work in partnership with our parents and team of professionals working under one roof.
We Support Children with
Autism Spectrum disorder
Other related developmental disabilities
Our approach varies but includes the use of few successful foreign teaching methodologies, techniques and treatment such as ABA, PECS, MAKATON ASL and Neuro Respiratory Therapy.
We treat every child as an individual, do an assessment and develop an IEP (individualized educational plan), to meet the child’s needs.
We hold joint professionals’ meetings to discuss every child’s challenges, needs and possible intervention with the aim of maximizing their potentials. The centre is ready to work and support any family facing the challenges of bringing up a child with special needs, regardless of the diagnosis.
• Education: The centre draws up an individualized educational plan to meet the needs of each learner such as: communication programme, functional academics etc.
• Physical Therapy:Each child with physical needs has goals outlined to enhance mobility and motor coordination improvement.
• Social Skills: Self help skills and social interactions are included in the programme, our proximity with regular school encourages interactions among the learners with special needs and children in the regular school.
• Independent Living Programme: Our teenagers/young adults programme is targeted towards maximizing the potentials of each student. Our ultimate goal is empowerment, job placement and independent living.
• Advocacy: We run an information point which provides useful information for parents of learners with special needs, free counseling and referral services.